If you are someone who takes the Halloween costume contests very seriously then here might be some ideas to avoid. Google has done some research to determine what might be the most popular costumes this year based on online searches. No matter if you want to be just another player from Squid Game, or the classic Jason, this list of costumes will surely find you some ideas. The good, the bad, and the scary.
To find your own unique costume check out the Google Frightgeist here!
- Squid Game – With the new Netflix show really taking off on popularity, there will surely be a plethora of Squid Game contests to be found around the Treasure Valley. (I did binge the entire show in one night)
- Rabbit / Bunny – You are almost guaranteed to find a playboy bunny each year. However, if you want to stick with the spooky theme, pull out the old easter bunny costume. That is more than unpleasant.
- Witch – The classic witch never fails to come out during the spooky season. While there is nothing wrong with being a witch, that probably won’t be the costume contest winner. At least spice it up and add a broom to your outfit.
- Greek God / Goddess – This costume idea has so many different possibilities because there are so many different options to chose from. No matter if you want to spice things up with Aphrodite, or take a more spooky approach with Nyx, there are many Goddess to choose from to fit your style.
- Princess Lea / Han Solo – Anything Star Wars is always a good choice in my opinion. However, if you want to stand out a little more than your neighbor next door, might want to avoid the classic storm trooper and Darth Vader.
- Gamora – The likely hood of seeing another Gamora at your Halloween party is very slim. Steal the show with this Marvel hero and save the galaxy. Maybe you could throw your closest friends together and get the whole Guardians of the Galaxy gang.
- Voodoo – There is something about Voodoo people on Halloween, they seem to be on another level of scary. You can really get creative with the idea of Voodoo this Halloween and scare a few trick-or-treaters along the way.
- IT Clown – You will likely find at least one clown this season, they never seem to go out of style. Can’t go wrong with the clown from IT. That makeup alone will do the job.
- Chucky – Whats more terrifying than a killer baby. With the face scars, the knives, and wacky hair. Chucky could be the next winner at your costume party.
At Least You Tried:
Halloween costumes aren’t for everyone, but if you are looking for a low effort costume here are some ideas to at least have a last minute throw together.
- Yourself – That will really scare people.