With everything that is involved in the month of November, its surprising to think that November isn’t one of the more popular months of the year. Sports, Fall weather, Hollidays, its got it all. Not to mention Thanksgiving, is absolutely an underrated Holliday.
There is more than enough ideas to bring to the Thanksgiving table, everything from cooked dragon eggs, to pumpkin pie! Its a shame that we don’t eat like this more often, however that is probably what makes it more special is that it is only once a year!
When it comes to Thanksgiving food here are some of my personal favorites that I just cannot pass up.
- Turkey > Ham – Nothing against ham lovers, but turkey is the superior thanksgiving food. Its not like you see Thanksgiving ads that are sponsored by a ham mascot.
- Mashed Potatoes – This is a must have. If mashed potatoes aren’t your thing, at least some form of baked potato or just a potato in general is crucial to any Thanksgiving meal. After all, we do live in the potato state.
- Bread Rolls – The absolute perfect missing ingredient. A nice toasted bread roll with maybe a dash of garlic pasting is something that cannot be skipped over. It just hits the spot.
- Salad – Honestly, just rip off the Olive Garden recipe. Although you cannot forget their dressing!
- Pumpkin Pie – The ultimate Thanksgiving desert. I don’t care what anyone else says, pumpkin pie wins!
In case you are looking to spice up your Thanksgiving menu here is a link to a recipe of what I like to call “Dragon Eggs” Click Here